– multiplayer (creative mode)
– landing gear magnetic force increased
– crosshair for small ship weapons
– improved performance
– added Russian language
– fixed audio issues
– fixed rare crash in drag and drop
– fixed custom collision shapes
– fixed placing of some objects (small ship weapons)
– fixed moving doors
Important info about the multiplayer
The first multi-player update in Space Engineers. This is just an Alpha of an Alpha and not all data is synchronized across the network. We decided to make it available now, even if it is not 100% ready so we can test it together with the Community. This update is mostly about the creative mode on multiplayer and not for battling with other players. There are still issues when weapons are used to cause a mass destruction.
As always, we would appreciate your feedback.
– How many players can join the server? – 16 players (This is just an initial limit and most likely will be customizable later)
– Are there any dedicated servers? – Not available at the moment
– How can I run a server? – Run a normal game and keep it running (online mode in world settings must be set to Private/Public/Friends)
– How is the performance? – The performance is OK, but you may experience lag when there are many moving objects (eg. battle scenes, pieces of ships, mass destruction). This will be improved in the next updates.
Features that are working at the moment:
– Character animations
– Flying Ships
– Projectiles, Missiles, Explosions
– Building, Removing, Destruction
Features that are NOT working yet (will be available in the upcoming updates):
– Ship systems (landing gear, electricity, rotors, lights, doors)
– Dropping items
So, von Seiten der Entwickler kommt nun das erste Video zum Fortschritt der Multiplayer Entwicklung .